PPAI, the non-profit trade organization for the promotional products industry, has just released their latest research on the power of promotional products. The findings reinforce past studies — consumers like receiving promotional items, they tend to remember the company that gave them out, and they tend to hold on to the item, creating multiple impressions of the product or brand.
The study also shows that promotional products advertising has a 15-50% higher recall rate than tv, print and online advertising — a great bang for the buck.
Some quick facts:
• 83% of consumers surveyed like receiving promotional items
• 48% would like to receive them more often
• 69% generally will keep the item if it is useful
• 36% generally will give it to someone else if they don’t have a use for it, expanding it’s exposure
• 35% generally keep the product if they like the advertiser
• Decreases in advertising dollars are the least for promotional products as compared to other mediums
• A significantly more positive impact on brand image is projected by promotional products than other mediums