https://thecreativej.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/oreo-embroidery.gif 526 500 Creativej Admin https://thecreativej.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/TCJ_tag-Geiger-Affil.png Creativej Admin2014-05-14 20:42:002015-12-10 11:28:23Embroider It Right
Embroider It Right
We work with a lot of embroidery orders, and getting the art right can sometimes be a bit tricky. Artwork for embroidery tends to have more restrictions than other types of imprints, so care to detail is a must.
Here’s a quick overview of the basic requirements for embroidery:
- Start with a good, clean vector file whenever possible.
- Vector files are artwork which was created in Illustrator or Corel
- The smallest text should be a minimum of 1/4″ tall
- Text may need to be stretched to reach this minimum height, or stacked and enlarged
- Keep graphics simple, not a lot of fine detail
- Fine detail is difficult to reproduce, so keep lines at least 2pts wide
- Do not use gradients whenever possible
- Gradients cannot be reproduced as smoothly as they appear on the computer
If you are unsure if your artwork will work for embroidery, just shoot it over to us and we’ll review it. We’ve worked with hundreds of artwork files for embroidery and will be able to let you know if your artwork will reproduce well, or if it needs to be altered for best stitching results.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!